PHOTO: House in Brentwood on fire, November 19, 2021

It happened Sunday afternoon just before 12:30pm. Victorville Fire got the call that a possible garage fire was happening on Woodpecker Road in the Brentwood community. 

When fire crews got there they encountered heavy smoke resulting from an active garage fire and quickly determined there was no threat to life. A woman could be seen across the street from the smoking house sobbing as neighbors comforted her. 

Victorville Fire was able to extinguished the fire quickly as they hit it from the ground and the roof. Upon investigating the property no further damage was visible inside the residence. 

The cause? Fire crews believe that the cause of the fire was an electrical overload in the garage from an extension cord.